How to prepare Matcha Latte at home
You will go crazy for matcha lattes if you love the milk-tea combination! Matcha tea is a variety of green tea, particularly rich in antioxidants, polyphenols, and amino acids, which reduce psychophysical stress and energize both body and mind.
It is effortless to prepare, and you can enjoy it all year round, cold in summer and warm in winter, spiced or sweetened by honey or vanilla or cinnamon.
It's very simple to make and a healthy habit to add to your daily routine. For us it’s the perfect way to start the day. It’s energizing and calming both at once, and above all else, it’s delicious.
Tools you need
- Chasen bamboo whisk
- Chashaku bamboo spoon
- Chawan Matcha bowl
- Milk frother (optional)
- 1-2 grams of Eco Ceremonial Matcha
- Hot water (not boiling)
- Milk (dairy, almond, soy, oat or any nut milk)
- Sweetener like honey, maple syrup or vanilla syrup (optional)
- Mix the Matcha powder with hot water until it is completely dissolved
- Warm your favorite milk and use a milk frother to create a beautiful foam
- Pour the milk and foam over your matcha cup
- Add sweetener to taste and enjoy your Matcha Latte!
We recommend our Eco Ceremonial Matcha because it is a very good grade to mix with milk and it's the same we use for lattes at our cafè in Bali. You can use it also for making an excellent Iced Matcha Latte.
Matcha provides a more sustained form of energy because it contains L-Theanine. This amino acid creates alpha waves in the brain, which lead to a state of relaxation and well-being without drowsiness. Matcha is rich in fiber, chlorophyll, vitamins, and minerals.
Click here to shop our matcha powder teas and tea accessories.